Closure Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: March 24, 2020
Based on CDC recommendations, MCLD libraries are closed until further notice. The health and safety of all who enjoy our libraries remains our top priority.
Enjoy our eMedia center
and electronic resources
24/7 from your computer, tablet, or mobile device!
I am a Maricopa County resident, but I don’t have a library card. Can I still access your digital resources?
Yes! We can help register you for a temporary digital card. Call 602-652-3000 to get started. This is a temporary option while our libraries are closed and will not be available once our libraries reopen.
I want to use eMedia, but I’ve never used it before and I don’t know how.
Don’t worry! You can find tutorials for most of our most popular products online. Still having trouble? Call us at 602-652-3000 or contact us online and a staff member can answer your questions.
I want to use eMedia, but Hoopla limits me to 10 items per month, and that’s not enough.
Effective immediately, the Hoopla limit is 15 items per library card per month. This will return to 10 items per library card per month when our libraries reopen.
I am doing genealogy research, but can’t come into the library to access Ancestry Library. Do I have any options?
During these extraordinary circumstances Ancestry Library is available outside of the library. Visit mcldaz.org and log in to your account. Then visit the Research section (A-Z list or Subjects) of the website to access Ancestry Library. This is a temporary option while our libraries are closed and will not be available once our libraries reopen.
I want to use eMedia, but I can’t remember my password.
Library staff typically links your password to the last four digits of your telephone number. You are free to change that at any time. Still having trouble? Call us at 602-652-3000 and a staff member can answer your questions.
Where can I find up-to-date and accurate information about COVID-19/Coronavirus?
Reliable information sources include Maricopa County Public Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- What if my books are due?
- MCLD postponed all due dates until at least April 16th. You do not need to return your items at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and extend due dates accordingly.
- Can I still put items in the outside book drop?
- Yes. Our outside book drop boxes will remain open. Library staff will check-in any items put in outside book drops.
- What if I have an item being held for me?
- All items currently held will remain on the holds shelf until at least April 23rd, or one week after our libraries reopen. You will not lose your place in line.
- Why can’t I place a new request for an item?
- MCLD libraries suspended all requests on physical items until one week prior to reopening the libraries.