Citizen Science gives the average person the ability to help to contribute to real scientific studies. Whether you use your phone to share pictures to help track plant and animal species populations or take a walk in your own neighborhood with a personal air monitor, you can contribute to helping scientists! Learn more about Citizen Science from our partners at SciStarter!
Citizen Science Kits
A Citizen Science Kit is a small box that contains everything you need for a specific science experiment. Each Kit includes a printed activity guide, helpful tips, and any specialized tools or materials you need to complete the project. MCLD libraries have five different Citizen Science Kits available for you to check out:
Fast Facts about Citizen Science Kits:
- Each Kit must be checked out inside the library.
- Each Kit can be checked out for up to three weeks and cannot be renewed.
- You can checkout one Kit per family at a time.
- You must be at least 18 years old to check out a Citizen Science Kit. Once a Kit is checked out, anyone in your household can use the Kit!
- All Kits must be returned inside the library where you checked it out.