Digital media is not available for download from Library computers. Downloads are only available to your personal computer or device.
- Visit http://mcldaz.freading.com/
and click on the Login link in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter library card number and pin.
- The first time you login, you will see a general information screen about how Freading works. If you don't already have Adobe Digital Editions installed, you can download and install it from this page by clicking on the Launch button. Follow the prompts on the screen to create an Adobe ID if you do not already have one.
- To download, first find the desired title and click on it's cover image. Once you click on the title's image you will be taken to the download screen. Click the Download button.
- Click the Open button. Clicking the Open button will launch Digital Editions. If you get a dialog box asking if you want to resume pending tasks, click OK. (NOTE: If you are using Safari on a Mac, you will have to open the Downloads folder and doubleclick on the eBook file to open it) The title will download into Adobe Digital Editions. Your book should be ready to read once the download completes.
- If you would like to transfer Freading eBooks to your eReader, start by connecting your eReader to your computer.
- Adobe Digital Editions will recognize the device the first time you plug it in. Go through the setup assistant to activate your eReader.
- On the top left corner of the screen, click the [Library View] option. The eReader icon will appear on the left panel of the screen.
- Drag the eBook from the borrowed items list and drop it on top of the device's icon. The eBook will be transferred to your device.